Scratching Post Ultimate
buy online, pick up at store!
|Four Muddy Paws™ - St. Louis City||Four Muddy Paws™ - East|
1711 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104
(314) 773 - PAWS (7297)
2127 South Route 157
Edwardsville, IL 62025
(618) 692 - 4PAW (4729)
Ultimate Cat Scratching Post
32″ height allows cats to stretch fully and tone muscles
Sturdy 16″ x 16″ base eliminates tipping and wobbling
Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally encourages scratching
Superior to carpeted posts that may snag claws
Includes screws and dowels for easy base assembly
Why Do Cats Scratch?
- To remove old nail sheaths from claws
- To exercise and tone muscles
- To relieve stress, frustration, and boredom
- To “warm up” for a vigorous play session
- To mark territory
Smart Cat Training Tips:
- Place the post where the cat spends a lot of time. Cats often like to stretch and scratch when they wake up from a nap.
- To introduce the post, try using catnip as a lure. (For most cats this is unnecessary, but fun.) Rub catnip onto the sisal material and call the cat over to the post.
- Scratch your nails along the surface of the material. This will attract the cat and also teach where to scratch.
- After your cat begins to scratch, offer praise and a food treat. Small kittens can be trained to climb the post by showing them food treats and then placing them at the top of the post
- If your cat has been scratching a piece of furniture, place the post directly in front of it. Cover that area with double-sided tape. This will help redirect your cat’s scratching activities to the post. Shower lots of praise on your cat when you see them using the Ultimate Scratching Post to reinforce this positive behavior.
Dimensions 16 × 16 × 32.5 in